Sorry that I haven't been able to update the blog for a while. I wanted to take a few minutes to give some updates and prayer requests, and I will try to write a more detailed blog in the next few days.
Back with Blanca:
On June 24, Micah and I moved from Blanca's house to another host home--with Brenda and Minor. They were exceptionally hospitable hosts, and we enjoyed our time with them very much. They have a 3 year old son named Javier and he was a riot.
Despite enjoying our time with Brenda, both Micah and I were more than ready to head back to Blanca's which we were able to do just yesterday. As for now, I know that the next 2 weeks I will be with Blanca. After that, Micah heads home to California, and I have no idea if I will be able to stay with Blanca or not. At that point, I will only be living with participants/students instead of another summer staff. From here on out, I am the only male summer staff working with 7 females. Say a prayer for that :)
El Farro:
About 2 weeks ago, I went with 4 other summer staff and a full time staff (Jose) to a beach near Puerto Barrios, Guatemala. It was a relaxing 3 day trip. Despite the hot 6 hour bus ride, we were able to enjoy ourselves very much. I will hopefully find some pictures to put up of that in a little while.
Guatemala City:
For the debrief of the first session summer staff, we went with our coordinators to a very fancy hotel in Guatemala City called Barcello. It was a beautiful, large hotel which was comparable to very nice hotels in the states, except a fraction of the price :)
During these 2 days, we spent time playing cards, talking about our experiences here, eating (way too much), and sitting in the air conditioning and watching T.V. It was a great time to debrief the experience a little with the 7 other people I had spent that last 7 weeks with. The odd thing now is that I have a few new people to get used to as the summer staff is switching out.
Prayer Requests:
At this point, my biggest prayer request is for my health. For the last 3 days, I have been quite ill. I know that I won't be able to apply myself as much as I want to if I am in such poor health.
Also, this week will hopefully be the first week that the carpentry school with have a few students at it. To clarify, we have americans on the team every week--I refer to them as participants. Students, however, will be the 14-18 year old Guatemalans who come to the carpentry school to learn a new trade.
What to expect next:
Hopefully in the next blog or two, you can expect:
A little information about the last teams we had
What we have been doing at the carpentry school
An introduction to the new summer staff
Getting to know another full time staff or two.
Pictures!
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment