Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Countdown Begins

Departure!
Friends and Family,
Once again, the time draws near for leaving the country.  On May 15, I will be flying to Guatemala!  So the familiar routine returns!  I have to start by getting things finished around here for school next year, moving out of my apartment for the summer, and saying my goodbyes.  Then, it's a nice 2 1/2 hour trip to O'hare before the flight to Guatemala via Ft. Lauderdale FL.  I almost want to take bets about what will go wrong with my travels.  Will it be TSA strip-searching me and unloading all of my bags, or an airline representative who is too busy talking on 3 phones at once to get me my ticket in time.  Well, let the games begin (and may the odds be ever in my favor).

Fundraising!!!
Well, my wonderful supporters, you have done it again!  I have raised all of my funds for the summer!  The last chunk of money came in the day it was due!  Thanks to all who contributed financially.  Also, thank you to all who have supported me in the past, and for this coming summer--whether it was a word of encouragement, a check, a prayer, an e-mail, or a conversation with me, all the support is meaningful.


General Life Update:
For those of you who haven't heard a recent update, let me clue you in.  Today (Thursday, May 3), I took my last final exam for the first year of Seminary.  All indications are that I passed all my classes (some with more grace than others, but even someone who stumbles across the finish line of a marathon should feel accomplished!)  My sister and brother-in-law will be out visiting this weekend, and once they leave I have one week to turn myself around for packing and heading out.  My program in seminary (M.Div) is 3 years, so I will have two left after this summer.  However, please feel free to begin reorienting yourself to my upcoming title now:  Master Unekis.  At least that's what I'm pulling for.

Blog for the Summer:
I don't know what my schedule will be like for the summer yet, but I will update my blog as often as I am able.  This is my way of keeping you involved with what is happening in my summer, so please stay involved by reading the updates!

New Features:
Mom, this is for you!  I know that in the past, it has been cumbersome to remember to check my blog every few days to see if I have written something new or not.  Now, you don't have to!  Life just gets better and better, right?   I have added a new feature to my blog which allows you to sign up via your e-mail address.  You will have to confirm that it is indeed your address, but after that step, you will receive an e-mail each time I update my blog!

For your viewing Enjoyment:
In an attempt to indoctrinate more people with my sense of humor, I will try to post a youtube video (or 10) each blog I write.  Consider it a wonderful look into the very unique person I am (ha).  Some would tell you I should start off with a crowd pleaser to pull you all in and convince you to watch further videos.  Nope.  Go big or go home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs&list=FLGmRVhG603FFZpd0Wv7viRQ&index=39&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcGKHC0Rh8&list=FLGmRVhG603FFZpd0Wv7viRQ&index=6&feature=plpp_video




No comments:

Post a Comment