Well, I would love to write a long, fun update, but I have to shower and get to a church service. Here is a list of prayer requests for my prayer warriors out there :)
-For Nanda (maria) as she spends her last week on site before heading home indefinitely
-For Emma Cook, our new teammate, as she tries to learn how to take on everything that Nanda had been doing
-For our first week of programming (meaning that kids are coming) which starts in 21 hours! Pray for good rest and teamwork for my team and I
-That I learn how to trust God even when I don't understand what is going on (I'll explain this more later)
-For Stephanie and I as we continue to try to communicate with difficult circumstances
-For my grandpa Willis as he recovers from his heart surgery, and my grandma Edna as she faces future radiation treatments for cancer (but Praise God for overall good reports!)
-Thanks to God for how well my Area Director was able to support me earlier today over the phone when I really needed some guidance
-For wisdom as I try to lead my team.
Ok that's all for prayer requests. Let me explain one of them a little more. I have been very curious lately why I am in Puerto Rico right now. My heart for ministry has been at Inspiration Hills Summer Camp now for so long. I have worked/served there for 6 of the last 7 summers. I have grown so much through the time I have spent there, and miss it so much. I miss the familiarity, the passion and joy I feel from working there, and of course, being there with Stephanie and learning more about what it looks like to do ministry with her. I miss home so much. I miss my family. I wish I had time just to sit and chill with my brother, to visit my sister and bro-in-law, and to work with my mom. I even miss our silly cat. Suffice it to say, I have been aching for home lately in a way that I have not done in a long, long time. Funny how that happens most when it seems the farthest away. I do believe that God wants me here this summer in Puerto Rico, but I don't know why. I know that people say we don't grow unless we are stretched, but I have felt so close to breaking.
One thing that gives me comfort in this is thinking back on my time in Mexico during the summer of 2009 (the only other summer since 2000 I have not been involved at Inspiration Hills in some way). I remember feeling very much like this during the first few weeks I was there. However, after a while, things really turned around and I learned to enjoy myself a lot. Pray that God begins to open my eyes to why I am here right now, and that I can learn to trust that he has a plan for me being here.
Thank you to all my friends and family who read this blog. It means so much to have people who are willing to give 10 minutes out of their day to hear about what I am doing, and support me in prayer or by sending an e-mail or even a text. From the west coast to Eastern Europe, I appreciate all of you who faithfully take time to invest in me by reading what i am up to and giving me updates on your life. God bless
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mi novioso, mi BUEN amigo...
ReplyDeleteI miss you so much sweetie, but know that I am thinking of you and praying for you multiple times throughout each day. You are an incredible blessing to people no matter where in the world, and I praise God that you are so willing AND ABLE to love others so deeply - that's just the way God calls us to love!
Also, please please PLEASE know that God is with you and loves YOU tremendously! You are a beautiful person, and I am so blessed not only to know you as a friend, but to be loved by you and to love you in return. :)