Friday, July 24, 2009

Keep Praying!

I just wanted to write a quick blog asking for your continued prayers. First off, thanks for praying me back to good health. I have a few minor "ailments" but overall I have improved incredibly.
I would like to give you a few more ways to specifically lift up those I am working with and myself--especially in the next 24 hours. It seems to me that we have come under significant attack lately. Some would call it "unfortunate circumstances". I firmly believe it is the devil using what he can to try to set us back in our mission to reach the children of San Pablo with the good news. Everyone in our team has been incredibly worn out. The heat is suffocating and is affecting even those who have lived here their whole lives. Many of us haven't been sleeping well, and quite a few have been under the weather in one way or another this week. Also, we've been having problems with the van (our only source of transportation). These are some of the bigger problems we've run into, along with other minor setbacks each day.
Our God is bigger than the devil's attacks (or bad luck or unfortunate circumstances--whatever you call it). Please continue to pray us through the next day and weekend, and rest of the summer as we have only one more week of traveling VBS after tomorrow. We have seen God working in incredible ways even though it's not what we've expected, so let's pray he keeps doing just that!

Food for thought (yes I like that phrase)
last time I was here in Mexico, I was taught an interesting lesson that I will never forget. It was that God is bigger than time. So, if you don't get to read this until after tomorrow or even a few weeks after I write it, you can still pray for our activities tomorrow. I firmly believe that God is big enough to honor those prayers in our endeavours tomorrow even if you don't say them until next week. We serve a big God.

Thanks again to all who have written e-mails and comments. I appreciate it tons. Hopefully I'll get another blog up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment